Who we are
We are Waiheke Mountain Bike Club. Our website address is: https://www.wmbc.co.nz/
Information we collect
- Where applicable, when you register for an account or place an order / service request or contact us by email or phone, we may request your personal information in order to communicate and deliver services to you. The information we collect will be for example; name; address; email; business name; contact information, IP address, domain name and other associated information necessary in the fulfilment of service engagement or provision.
- If you have chosen to subscribe to a newsletter, or comment on articles we will collect your name, email address, location and other optional information.
- We may collect non-identifiable information when you visit our site for visitor tracking and analysis (e.g., cookies) and to help us to improve your experience on our site.
- We may collect your IP address for the purpose of identifying your approximate location / ISP.
- We may also collect information about the type of browser you are using, the type of software, your computer version, screen resolution size and device type for analysis and experience improvements (for example Google Analytics)
The use of your information
- We and where necessary our trusted service partners, may use your information to verify your identity, in the fulfilment of any product, service or order you have requested and to collect payments from you for any such related services.
- We will never knowingly sell your information, pass it to others unlawfully or allow any external party to access it, except where we are required to do so by law, to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim or where you have expressly requested this.
- From time to time, we may contact you in connection with certain transactions, or to inform you about certain events that may have an impact upon any product or service(s) that you have purchased from us
- We may occasionally contact you for general marketing purposes – e.g. our newsletter to inform you of any important and other news (if you have consented to receive these), to conduct customer surveys, or to collect site experience and / or general feedback from you.
- Where agreed by you, in the public areas of the site, we may display your information, for example on our testimonials page or in a case study.
- Your information is held in the strictest of confidence and never willingly divulged to any unauthorised party.
- We use a secure HTTPS SSL website encryption protocol to transmit your data to and from our website to server databases connected to this site.
- Our servers are protected to high standards with best practice methods and continuous and regular in-house audits.
- Data may be transferred and stored under our control to multiple global locations (for redundancy) for example using a CDN and to provide our users with the fastest and most secure experience.
- Wherever data is stored we ensure the highest level of security possible.
- We encrypt sensitive data such as passwords and other important information wherever possible.
- We do not hold any credit card data locally or on our servers because we use third party payment processors that utilise tokenised encryption.
- Unless you have given consent, we do not share any information with third parties – except where we are required to do so by law, or for the purpose of fulfilling product / services / orders.
Transfer of Personal Data
- As a service provider, we utilise multiple data centres and service partners in the delivery of products and services. In particular, we utilise a global network of servers (known as a CDN and load balancers) and data exists “in the cloud” in multiple global locations, (though primarily in NZ, AU and USA). We do this to provide the highest level of service, security and speed to our customers and their clients. Furthermore, we employ best-practice standards wherever data is stored, and ensure that comparable safeguards exist in order to comply with New Zealand privacy laws.
- If your personal data is transferred outside NZ to other servers affiliates or to third party service providers, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives the same level of protection as if it remained within NZ, including by entering into data transfer agreements that satisfy the NZ approved Standards. The countries to which personal data is generally stored and / or transferred, is Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom and the United States of America. We reserve the right to share any information that you provide which is not deemed personal data or is not otherwise subject to contractual restrictions
The Site is not for use by children under the age of 13 years and we do not knowingly collect, store, share or use the personal data of children under 13 years. If you are under the age of 13 years, please do not provide any personal data, even if prompted by the Site to do so. If you are under the age of 13 years and you have provided personal data, please ask your parent(s) or guardian(s) to notify us and we will delete all such personal data.
We take measures, including data encryption, to protect the transmission of all sensitive end-user information. We make reasonable efforts to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party ‘hackers’ from illegally obtaining this information. We take all reasonable measures to prevent such breaches of security, but given the resourcefulness of cyber-criminals we are unable to guarantee that our security is 100% breach-proof. You assume the risk of such breaches to the extent that they occur despite our reasonable security measures.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We apply a general rule of keeping personal data only for as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. In general, we retain your personal data for a period of time corresponding to a statute of limitation, for example to maintain an accurate record of your dealings with us. However, in some circumstances we may retain personal data for other periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements, or if required to do so by a legal process, legal authority, or other governmental entity having authority to make the request, for so long as required.
If any information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us to request that it be updated.
- If you decide not to provide us with your personal information, we will not be able to provide products and or services to you.
- If at any time, you wish to be removed from our newsletter or public areas of our site, you may request that and we will respect your wishes.
- You also have the right to request a copy of the information we have on record for you. You may also request that data be deleted.
You can contact us at any time with any questions or queries via our contact form.
The information provided on this Website is intended for general guidance only. Users of the information contained on this website must make their own assessment of the suitability and appropriateness of the information described for their particular use and conditions. To the maximum extent permitted by law:
- All warranties, representations and guarantees (whether express, implied or statutory) are excluded, including without limit, suitability, fitness for purpose, accuracy or completeness of this website or the content on, or accessed through, it; and
- You use this site at your own risk. In no event shall the publishers be liable for any damage or loss, arising out of your use or inability to use this website, or anything contained within it.
- By accessing this website, you agree that we, and those officially recognised as associated to or party to this website (hereinafter referred to collectively as “the publishers”) cannot be held responsible for any error, omission, fault or inaccuracy and shall not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever caused to any user / party.
- All comments / contributions made by users to this website (either those with an account or not) in public areas (e.g. comments, testimonials etc) are the sole legal responsibility of the person posting them and may not reflect the opinion of the publishers or anyone else officially connected to this website.
- The publishers reserve the right to amend, change, delete or modify as appropriate, any information or detail on one or all pages of this website (including, but not limited to, pricing, product description, quantity, availability of products, images, texts and comments by users) without prior warning at any time.
- All information, photo’s, illustrations, pictures, and all media, words, ideas, trademarks, designs and concepts contained within this website shall remain the property and copyright of the publishers and may not be copied, borrowed, hired, lent, linked to, re-published, distributed, broadcast or used in any way, without express written permission. All Rights Reserved.
- All trademarks, logos and materials belonging to third parties (whether expressly specified or not) shall remain the property and copyright of the owning entity.
If you need any assistance, or would like clarification on any of the above, please contact us.